struts-user mailing list archives

From "Appel, Jeremy D" <jeremy.ap...@qwest.com>
Subject passing request parameters in actions
Date Fri, 21 Nov 2003 19:16:32 GMT
I am a relative newbie and I have a question regarding passing of parameters in actions.

Currently, I am using LookupDispatchAction for all my actions which requires passing at least
one parameter to my actions as well as any additional that I might have.  Thus, I have code
in my JSP like this:

<jsp:useBean id="req" class="java.util.HashMap" type="java.util.Map" scope="session"/>
            <c:set target="${req}" property="method"><fmt:message key="label.getProductById"/></c:set>
            <c:set target="${req}" property="productId" value="${nmeRule.productId}"/>
            	<c:out value="${nmeRule.productId}" />

Ultimately, this means creating a JSP scoped Map for every batch of request parameters that
I have.  Is there any way that I can avoid this?

TIA,
Jeremy