struts-user mailing list archives

From Jerald Powel <geraldpo...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject ActionForms+struts-config
Date Thu, 27 Nov 2003 02:07:27 GMT

Hi,

      Does an ActionForm belong in the struts-config.xml mappings? ie:

 <action-mappings>
     <action name="MyActionForm"......etc?

Mine is placed here and functions quite well. But is has occurred to me this may be a bad
pratcice, as it does not extend Action and is thefore not logically an Action? Or perhaps
ActionForm extends Action?

Also, for those using Struts Studio, my ActionForm is in the struts-config as described, and
is thus visible in the 'diagram' pane. Is this recommended, or poor pratice?

Thanks for your help