struts-user mailing list archives

From Nick Heudecker <n...@systemmobile.com>
Subject Re: forward to new window.
Date Fri, 21 Nov 2003 04:18:11 GMT
IMO, this isn't trivial, but it's solvable.  The problem is that you have to get the client
to behave in a certain way based on what's been submitted to the servlet.  I think I would
try to solve this with a JavaScript RPC call, in which the form was submitted as a background
process and the action returned the appropriate JavaScript to either open the new page in
this same, or a new browser window.  Not easy, but relatively portable if done right.

All of the other ways I can thing of to do this have serious problems.  I'm interested in
hearing what others think.

On Fri, Nov 21, 2003 at 09:38:03AM +0530, deepaksawdekar wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a requirement, based on certain condition in action class i want the forward to
open a page in same window or  different page in new window how can i implement this.

> thanks in advance
> Deepak.

Nick Heudecker
SystemMobile, Inc.