struts-user mailing list archives

From alvin antony <alvinb...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: How to Redirect to a status Page on HTTP status 403
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2003 17:17:19 GMT
Hi Saul,

Thanks it works.
Alvin

Saul Q Yuan <yuan@dataanvil.com> wrote:
I think you can configure that in the web.xml file, something like
befow:

403
/http403.jsp

you may need to check the dtd to see it's exact location in web.xml.

Saul

-----Original Message-----
From: alvin antony [mailto:alvinbush@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 11, 2003 10:52 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: RE: How to Redirect to a status Page on HTTP status 403

Hi Saul,

Thanks for your replay. I knew this is one solution. But in my case the
user is redirected to status message from Struts controller or tomcat
authenticator. I would prefer to redirect the user to a jsp page with a
descriptive message.

It would be fine , if I can define some how in a config file that, on
HTTP status 403, redirect to the http403.jsp or so?

is this possible?

Thanks
Alvin

n wrote:
How about this:

Call
response.sendError(HttpServletResponse.SC_FORBIDDEN, "some description
msg") in your action if the user is not in the role;

Saul