struts-user mailing list archives

From alvin antony <alvinb...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: How to Redirect to a status Page on HTTP status 403
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2003 15:52:12 GMT
Hi Saul,

Thanks for your replay. I knew this is one solution. But in  my case the user is redirected
to status message  from Struts controller or tomcat authenticator. I would prefer to redirect
the user to a jsp page with a descriptive message.

It would be fine , if I can define some how in a config file that,  on HTTP status 403, redirect
to the http403.jsp or so?

is this possible?

Thanks
Alvin

n <yuan@dataanvil.com> wrote:
How about this:

Call
response.sendError(HttpServletResponse.SC_FORBIDDEN, "some description
msg") in your action if the user is not in the role;

Saul

-----Original Message-----
From: alvin antony [mailto:alvinbush@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 11, 2003 9:49 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: How to Redirect to a status Page on HTTP status 403

Hi there,

I have restricted the access to my actions with user Roles (in
struts-config.xml and WEB.xml) and it works fine.. Thanks to JAAS.

I couldn't't find the way to redirect user request to a status error
page, in case he is not in the Role for requesting a page. any help?

I am using...

Struts1.1 & Tomcat 4.1.27

any help would be appreciated!

Alvin

Yahoo! India Mobile: Ringtones, Wallpapers, Picture Messages and
more.Download now.