struts-user mailing list archives

From alvin antony <alvinb...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: ResourceBundle not available in ActionForm
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2003 15:42:47 GMT
Hi Dominique,
      Make sure that "ApplicationResources.properties" and "ApplicationErrors.properties"
are available in a package 'resources'
under WEB-INF/classes or WEB-INF/lib/

Alvin

Dominique Kraus-Ahma <periodika@kraus-ahma.de> wrote:
Hi,
i am trying to access a message-resource, that holds my error messages.
Since i have two message resources, i need to give them an id to identify
them. This is how my struts-config.xml looks like:

parameter="resources.ApplicationResources" />
parameter="resources.ApplicationErrors" />

Using them in the jsp-Page is no problem at all, e.g.:

But when i try to retrieve a key in the appropriate ActionForm-class, i get
the well known "Cannot find message resources under key
org.apache.struts.action.MESSAGE" error. How come? Here is an excerpt of my
ActionForm:

if( ( null == this.accountname ) || ( 1 > this.accountname.length() ) )
errors.add( "accountname", new ActionError(
"application.text.login.account" ) );

I checked the spelling, i moved the resource files around within my
catalouges, but it just won't work.
Is there a way to specify the bundle to use, when trying to retrieve a
message from the ActionForm class?

Thanx in advance,

Dominique