struts-user mailing list archives

From alvin antony <alvinb...@yahoo.com>
Subject Problems with charset iso8859_1 and encoding
Date Fri, 07 Nov 2003 16:12:10 GMT
Hi *,
        I am desperately looking for a solution on this. Sorry  for my poor knowledge on Unicode
standards.
Problem:
        In my application users are allowed to type data in different languages, for example
'Greek'.
A Greek alphabet ' Ã ' is represented in ISO8859_1 as &#915; but when  I use any of the
tags in struts, it converts this to &amp#915.
I assume struts treats '&' as HTML sensitive comp.. but it isn't here. When i use <%=myBean.getProperty()
%> it prints ' Ã ' that is correct.

I write two lines in my jsp's to convert to ISO8859_1.

1. <META http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso8859_1" />
2. <%@page contentType="text/html; charset=iso8859_1" %>

any help is highly appreciated

Thanks in advance
Alvin

alvin antony <alvinbush@yahoo.com> wrote:
Hello guys,

I didn't found any from Struts solution for the my last mail (find below), but I managed to
correct it by adding a line in my Tiles layout file

Now I run into new problem that, the not understands this charset or interprets differently
:-/ . I have to set 'filter' to false, in order to work.

If any anybody know where I have to set that DEFAULT value for 'filter' in is FALSE instead
of TRUE?

I tried set in the struts-bean.tld's found in /WEB-INF folder and in the Struts.jar. doesn't
help:-/ .Any help?

Thanks a lot

Alvin

alvin antony wrote:

Hello Friends,
I am coming back to the Struts mailing list after a long period.

I have a problem with my Struts Application , that allows the users to fill in a form. When
a user type in Greek letter's into the application and later reads backs to the browser from
the application it shown as another letter, but when I change the coding on the browsing to
Greek(Windows), it shows the correct letter. Is it possible encode characters automatically
from Struts Framework.

I tried already to define Controller in the Struts Config as given below

.

but with out success.
If any body can help us on this, would be great.

Thanks

Alvin

Yahoo! India Mobile: Ringtones, Wallpapers, Picture Messages and more.Download now.

Alvin K. Antony
Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München
Referat Internet
Softwareentwicklung
Oettingenstraße 67
80538 München
Germany
Phone: +49 (0)89 2102-5979
Fax: +49 (0)89 2102-5980

Mobile: +49 (0)160 97340713

E-Mail: aantony@lmu.de

Web: http://www.lmu.de/internet/
Yahoo! India Mobile: Ringtones, Wallpapers, Picture Messages and more.Download now.