struts-user mailing list archives

From Max Cooper <...@maxcooper.com>
Subject Re: [OT] Security Folter
Date Thu, 06 Nov 2003 13:26:49 GMT
I haven't tried it myself, but I did get a bug report from someone
trying to do that. The bug was fixed, so I think it is working now.

SecurityFilter doesn't come with any realm implementations(*), but you
can use the CatalinaRealmAdapter to wrap a realm from Tomcat that will
do password encryption for you.

-Max

(*) It does come with a trivial realm for the example app, a
SimpleRealmBase class that can be extended if you want to write your own
simple realm and not have to deal with Principal objects, and it comes
with the CatalinaRealmAdapter, which allows you to use any of the realm
implementations that come with Tomcat.