struts-user mailing list archives

From "Karr, David" <david.k...@wamu.net>
Subject RE: Form variables not reset
Date Fri, 07 Nov 2003 04:13:08 GMT
It's a little hard to understand exactly what's happening here, but did
you try setting a breakpoint in one or more of the setter methods on
actionform B?  If I'm understanding what you're saying, I think I would
expect the setter methods of B to be called with similar values as you
had in form A (after the reset method is called).

-----Original Message-----
From: Rajani Gudi [mailto:rgudi@mobileframe.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 06, 2003 5:11 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Form variables not reset

Hi
I have 2 form beans in request scope. Say formbean A and formBean B. I
have some fields common  in both the jsps and so I have identical
getter/setter methods in both beans. When Action Form A is called, it
has non null values for these fields. It performs the business logic and
forwards it to actionform B. The reset method of B is called where I am
setting all the fields of Form bean B to null...( I can see that in the
debug mode)... But once it comes to actionForm B, it still has the same
values in all the common variables

I thought the form values are tied to the form bean, so even though the
second form bean has some fields same as the first bean, it is a new
different bean and so I would expect all the value parameters to be
reset.

I am not able to understand why one form beans values are retained in
another form bean?

Thanks