struts-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Karr, David" <David.K...@wamu.net>
Subject RE: Error while accessing the application
Date Sun, 30 Nov 2003 17:01:41 GMT
Just for clarification to others, your last line abbreviates the fact
that in a Servlet 2.3 container, it's not necessary to include the TLDs,
either in the "/WEB-INF" directory, or referenced in the "web.xml", if
you reference the canonical URI in the "taglib" directives in the JSP
pages.  The "canonical" URI for the tag library is listed in the TLD for
the tag library.  There are differences of opinion on which of these
strategies is preferable.  There are tradeoffs both ways.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Kennedy [mailto:jimk@gigaheads.com] 

Hi Melanie,

don't really see anything wrong right off the bat, but let's walk
through what has to be configured:

Place all your tlds in the WEB-INF directory (looks good here) Place all
required struts library JARs in the lib directory of your web appl
Configure your web.xml to include the TLDs, here's an example of one of
my projects:

  <welcome-file-list>
  <welcome-file>index.html</welcome-file>
  <welcome-file>index.jsp</welcome-file>
  </welcome-file-list>
  <taglib>
  <taglib-uri>/WEB-INF/c-rt.tld</taglib-uri>
  <taglib-location>/WEB-INF/c-rt.tld</taglib-location>
  </taglib>
  <taglib>
  <taglib-uri>/WEB-INF/c.tld</taglib-uri>
  <taglib-location>/WEB-INF/c.tld</taglib-location>
  </taglib>
  <taglib>
  <taglib-uri>/WEB-INF/fmt-rt.tld</taglib-uri>
  <taglib-location>/WEB-INF/fmt-rt.tld</taglib-location>
  </taglib>
  <taglib>
  <taglib-uri>/WEB-INF/fmt.tld</taglib-uri>
  <taglib-location>/WEB-INF/fmt.tld</taglib-location>
  </taglib>
  <taglib>
  <taglib-uri>/WEB-INF/struts-bean.tld</taglib-uri>
  <taglib-location>/WEB-INF/struts-bean.tld</taglib-location>
  </taglib>
  <taglib>
  <taglib-uri>/WEB-INF/struts-html.tld</taglib-uri>
  <taglib-location>/WEB-INF/struts-html.tld</taglib-location>
  </taglib>
Finally configure the JSP to include (or point) to the proper tag
definition, here's an example:

  <%@ page import="java.util.*"%>
  <%@taglib uri="/WEB-INF/c.tld" prefix="c" %>
  <%@taglib uri="/WEB-INF/fmt.tld" prefix="fmt" %>
  <%@taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-bean.tld" prefix="bean" %>
  <%@taglib uri="/WEB-INF/pager-taglib.tld" prefix="pg" %>
  <%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/security.tld" prefix="security" %>
  <%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-html-el.tld" prefix="html-el" %>

I always reference tlds from the /WEB-INF directory, not from within the
library JAR.


Jim Kennedy
IT Consultant
Mobile Phone: 813-503-1484
-----------------------------------------------------


----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Melanie Pfefer" <melanie_pfefer@yahoo.co.uk>
To: <struts-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Sunday, November 30, 2003 7:30 AM
Subject: Error while accessing the application


> Hi,
> 
> My application is not able to find the tag libraries.
> The tag libraries lie in the WEB-INF directory of the application and 
> refer to a directory on another server.  These two servers are able to

> connect with one another.
> 
> I am getting exceptions like
> info ( 5840): JSP: JSP1x compiler threw exception
> org.apache.jasper.compiler.CompileException:
> /Mydocs/sun/web/docs/jvNET/Login.jsp(1,0) Unable to
> open taglibrary
> /WEB-INF/struts-bean.tld : Could not locate TLD
> /WEB-INF/struts-bean.tld
> at
>
org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspParseEventListener.handleDirective(JspPars
> eEventListener.java:707)
> at
>
org.apache.jasper.compiler.DelegatingListener.handleDirective(Delegating
> Listener.java:110)
> at
> org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser$Directive.accept(Parser.java:215)
> at
> org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java:1077)
> at
> org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java:1042)
> at
> org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java:1038)
> at
> org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:218)
> at
>
com.iplanet.server.http.servlet.NSServletEntity.load(NSServletEntity.jav
> a:252)
> at
>
com.iplanet.server.http.servlet.NSServletEntity.update(NSServletEntity.j
> ava:173)
> at
>
com.iplanet.server.http.servlet.NSServletRunner.Service(NSServletRunner.
> java:416)
> [16/Nov/2003:14:54:22] warning ( 5840): Internal
> error: Failed to get
> GenericServlet.
> (uri=/jvNET/Login.jsp,SCRIPT_NAME=/jvNET/Login.jsp)
> [16/Nov/2003:14:56:02] info ( 5840): Internal Info:
> loading servlet
> /jvNET/Login.jsp
> [16/Nov/2003:14:56:02] info ( 5840): JSP: JSP1x
> compiler threw exception
> org.apache.jasper.compiler.CompileException:
> /Mydocs/sun/web/docs/jvNET/Login.jsp(1,0) Unable to
> open taglibrary
> /WEB-INF/struts-bean.tld : Could not locate TLD
> /WEB-INF/struts-bean.tld
> at
>
org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspParseEventListener.handleDirective(JspPars
> eEventListener.java:707)
> at
>
org.apache.jasper.compiler.DelegatingListener.handleDirective(Delegating
> Listener.java:110)
> at
> org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser$Directive.accept(Parser.java:215)
> at
> org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java:1077)
> at
> org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java:1042)
> at
> org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java:1038)
> at
> org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:218)
> at
>
com.iplanet.server.http.servlet.NSServletEntity.load(NSServletEntity.jav
> a:252)
> at
>
com.iplanet.server.http.servlet.NSServletEntity.update(NSServletEntity.j
> ava:173)
> at
>
com.iplanet.server.http.servlet.NSServletRunner.Service(NSServletRunner.
> java:416)
> [16/Nov/2003:14:56:02] warning ( 5840): Internal
> error: Failed to get
> GenericServlet. (uri=/jvNET/Login.jsp,SCRIPT_NAME=/jvNET/Login.jsp)
> 
> ______________________________________________________________________
> __
> Download Yahoo! Messenger now for a chance to win Live At Knebworth
DVDs
> http://www.yahoo.co.uk/robbiewilliams
> 
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: struts-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: struts-user-help@jakarta.apache.org
> 

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: struts-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: struts-user-help@jakarta.apache.org


Mime
View raw message