struts-user mailing list archives

From "Brian McSweeney" <brian.mcswee...@aurium.net>
Subject RE: Actions which create sessions seem to hang
Date Fri, 21 Nov 2003 13:52:17 GMT
Thanks Paul,

I'll email you some of these questions to your private address because
they're JBoss specific. Appreciate the help very much.

Brian

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul McCulloch [mailto:paul.mcculloch@axiossystems.com]
Sent: 21 November 2003 12:02
To: 'Struts Users Mailing List'
Subject: RE: Actions which create sessions seem to hang

I've had my Struts application running on JBOSS 3.2.2/Tomcat for a
couple of
weeks with hundreds of simulated users at a time, so I don't think there
is
any inherent issue with the architecture.

Tools I've found useful in tracking issues like this in past are:
Running JBOSS with the JVM set to allow remote debugging so I can see
what's
going on.
Borland OptimiseIt, so that I can look for resource leaks.

Other things to look at may be the number of request processors and the
accept count of the Tomcat connector.

If all else fails I'd try and re-create the problem with a simple,
single
servlet system. This will remove any Struts, JSP etc. concerns.

Another idea would be to see if the same issue occurs in Tomcat
standalone,
or is related to Tomcat under JBOSS. This will allow you to direct your
questions to the most specific user community.

HTH,

Paul

**************************************
Axios Email Confidentiality Footer
delivery of the message to such person), you may not copy or deliver
this message to anyone. In such case, you should destroy this message,
and notify us immediately. If you or your employer does not consent to
Internet email messages of this kind, please advise us immediately.
Opinions, conclusions and other information expressed in this message
are not given or endorsed by my Company or employer unless otherwise
indicated by an authorised representative independent of this message.
WARNING:
While Axios Systems Ltd takes steps to prevent computer viruses from
being transmitted via electronic mail attachments we cannot guarantee
that attachments do not contain computer virus code.  You are therefore
strongly advised to undertake anti virus checks prior to accessing the
attachment to this electronic mail.  Axios Systems Ltd grants no
warranties regarding performance use or quality of any attachment and
undertakes no liability for loss or damage howsoever caused.