struts-user mailing list archives

From "Horky Adam G A1C 805 CSPTS/SCBE" <Adam.Ho...@scott.af.mil>
Subject RE: JBoss
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2003 18:23:51 GMT
Thanks to everyone for the info. I don't plan to use EJBs at the moment,
so I guess I will just stick with using Tomcat.

-----Original Message-----
From: Davidson, Glenn [mailto:Glenn.Davidson@tiaa-cref.org]
Sent: Thursday, October 09, 2003 1:20 PM
To: 'Struts Users Mailing List'
Subject: RE: JBoss

Bottom Line: If you need to use EJB's and want an open source
application
server the JBoss/Tomcat bundle works.

I am currently using the JBoss/Tomcat Bundle and am having success. As
noted
below JBoss is only required if you are going use EJB's. If there are no
EJB'S you will not require JBoss. I have created many EJB's and have had
very little difficulty getting them to work on JBoss. Tomcat is... well
it
is Tomcat and it works just fine. I have several books on JBoss but none
that I'd recommend. If anyone out there has a recommendation for a good
JBoss book I'd be interested. Please note that deploying the EJB's on
JBoss
was a fairly easy operation. (At least it was in my case). I hope this
helps
and good luck on your project!

Glenn Davidson