struts-user mailing list archives

From "Mainguy, Mike" <MMain...@kmart.com>
Subject RE: [POLL] ActionFrom vs DynaActionForm
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2003 11:47:24 GMT
BeanUtils.copyProperties also works with DynaForms (They implement DynaBean
and BeanUtils treats them (for the most part) as POJB's (c).

I will concede that code completion is a definite plus.  My only counter to
that would be that, if I'm simply copying all my properties to another class
(Torque Object, EJB, Business Object of some sort) why would I ever need
code completion for my action forms?

Code completion is a good point anyway though...

-----Original Message-----
From: Pratik Patel [mailto:prpatel@ibiblio.org]
Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2003 7:29 AM
To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: [POLL] ActionFrom vs DynaActionForm

+1 ActionForms
-1 Dyna*Forms

Brandon Goodin wrote:

> Reasons:
> -Dynas massive struts configs are annoying and the runtime errors
> bite.
> -DynaForm time saving is insignificant (how long does it take for your
> ide to generate getters/setters?).
> <snip>

more reasons:
- Easy to copy properties from ActionForm to domain object (using
BeanUtils.copyProperties )
- code completion can be used with ActionForms

cheers,
Pratik

This message and its contents (to include attachments) are the property of Kmart Corporation
(Kmart) and may contain confidential and proprietary information. You are hereby notified
that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action
based on information contained herein is strictly prohibited. Unauthorized use of information
contained herein may subject you to civil and criminal prosecution and penalties. If you are
not the intended recipient, you should delete this message immediately.