struts-user mailing list archives

From "Nicholson, Robb" <robb.nichol...@frontiercorp.com>
Subject RE: newbie question: results display on same page?
Date Mon, 13 Oct 2003 18:10:57 GMT
The logic:iterate tag does not have to live within a form. Chances are your
error is because the Collection you are trying to iterate over is not in the
request (or whatever session you happen to be using).

What we normally do for a situation like this is to create a JSP with the
search form, and another with the results iterator. Then use TILES to pull
them together on one page. It's flexible enough so you can reuse one or more
component elsewhere, or change your mind and separate them later, etc.

-----Original Message-----
From: mobile q [mailto:mobile_qian@yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, October 13, 2003 2:04 PM
To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: newbie question: results display on same page?

Hi,

I am working on a page which has a user search form,
the results should be displayed at the bottom of the
page once user clicks on "get" button.

I try to use logic:iterate tag to do the job. My
problem:
if I include this display loop inside html:form, it
tells me the results are null when I navigate to this
page since user has not pushed "get" button. If I put
results dipslay code right after </html:form>, it
tells me "Cannot find bean
org.apache.struts.taglib.html.BEAN in any scope" since
logic:iterate tag is not used inside html:form tag.

I do not know how to resolve this conflict. Should I
use multiple forms to do this? Not really sure. Really
need your wise advices.