struts-user mailing list archives

From Jason Lea <ja...@kumachan.net.nz>
Subject Re: Webapp works fine until uploaded to remote server
Date Sat, 25 Oct 2003 12:05:21 GMT
todd thorner wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I'm a newbie trying to deploy my first Struts webapp.
>
>Mine works fine inside my development environment (Struts 1.1, Tomcat 4.1.x), but when
I transfer all local files to the service provider I'm using for public servlet deployments
(where they also use Tomcat 4.1.x), I get the following error (500):

>org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Cannot find global ActionForward for name welcome
>

>I have changed nothing in "struts-config.xml" or any other file.  I have uploaded "Struts.jar"
to my remote WEB-INF/lib directory.  My webapp uses the usual approach of "Index.jsp forwards
to Welcome.jsp", which as I said works fine in my development environment.  Here is the line
in "Index.jsp"

><logic:forward name="welcome"/>
>
>Here is what's in my "struts-config.xml"
>
><global-forwards>

shouldn't this:

> <forward name="welcome' path="/Welcome.do"/>

be this:

 <forward name="welcome" path="/Welcome.do"/>

></global-forwards>
>
><action-mappings>
> <action path="/Welcome"
>   type="org.apache.struts.actions.ForwardAction"
>   parameter="/pages/Welcome.jsp"/>
></action-mappings>
>

>I must be forgetting something simple, some .jar or something.  Any help?
>
>Thanks.

Jason Lea