struts-user mailing list archives

From "phil.noon@bigfoot.com" <phil_n...@hotmail.com>
Subject Multiple message resource files
Date Tue, 16 Sep 2003 12:01:42 GMT
I am trying to use 2 message resource files in my application.

My struts-config.xml has:

  <message-resources parameter="ApplicationResources" null="false" />
  <message-resources parameter="MyWebAppResources" null="false" />

The errors are added in an Action bean with statements like:

  errors.add("ToteNotFound", new ActionError("error.tote.toteNotFound"));

and displayed on the jsp with:

However, messages are only displayed from the last file listed in
struts-config.xml (in this example, from MyWebResources.properties). Any
message in the other file is not recognised and results in something like:

  ???en_US.error.tote.toteNotFound???

How do I persuade my application  to display errors from either of two
files?