struts-user mailing list archives

From "Yee, Richard K,,DMDCWEST" <Ye...@osd.pentagon.mil>
Subject RE: page size
Date Mon, 22 Sep 2003 15:41:26 GMT
Meissa,
What kind of information is in your page that makes it so large? Are you
using cascading style sheets? If not, using one may help you reduce the size
of your page by moving repeating html formatting attributes to a separate
file. If a lot of your size is from repeating html tags, you also could send
the page data as data to JavaScript functions that would then generate the
HTML for the page. Another thing some people do is to compress the response
and have the browser decompress it. I think you need to examine the user
interface to see if it is really necessary to have a page that large. Do
your users access the site over a high-speed connection/corporate network or
do they access from dialup connections?

Rgds,

Richard

-----Original Message-----
From: meissa.Sakho@assetmanagement.natexis.fr
[mailto:meissa.Sakho@assetmanagement.natexis.fr]
Sent: Monday, September 22, 2003 8:33 AM
To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: page size

hi all,

I've a jsp which size is about 110 kbyte.
It' taking about 20 second to be displayed some times.
Is there a way to reduce the displayig time ?
The only way we know is to reduce the page's size.
But in our case, we can't reduce it anymore.

any help would be greetly appreciated.

Meissa

L'integrite de ce message n'etant pas assuree sur internet, Natexis Banques
Populaires ne peut etre tenu responsable de son contenu. Toute utilisation
ou diffusion non autorisee est interdite. Si vous n'etes pas destinataire de
ce message, merci de le detruire et d'avertir l'expediteur.

The integrity of this message cannot be guaranteed
on the Internet. Natexis Banques Populaires can not therefore be considered
responsible for the contents.Any unauthorized use or dissemination is
prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, then
please delete it and
notify the sender.