struts-user mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <Wendy.Sm...@asu.edu>
Subject RE: [POLL] ActionFrom vs DynaActionForm
Date Tue, 30 Sep 2003 16:57:24 GMT
old).
> What sort of ActionForms does everyone use?
> #1 ActionForm
> #2 DynaActionForm

DynaValidatorForm, and what do you mean you can't do custom validation?
I just override validate(...) and do my thing, then call
super.validate(...) or not depending on what needs to be done.  There
are some complicated validations that I can't seem to convince Validator
to handle, so I do those in Java code.

Dynamic forms get me out of writing all those get/set methods, that's
all.  They don't preclude you from having a Java class with other
methods.  I'm also interested in using xdoclet to generate the
ActionForm code, but haven't gotten around to learning how to do it.

--
Wendy Smoak
Applications Systems Analyst, Sr.