struts-user mailing list archives

From Adam Hardy <ahardy.str...@cyberspaceroad.com>
Subject Re: Input form field values...
Date Thu, 25 Sep 2003 17:40:27 GMT
Hi Joseph,
if you leave the name attribute out, then the <html:form> tag will
automatically name the form after the name you specify in the action
mapping. You must specify the form (in the mapping) and the form fields
with <html:text> etc if you want the values submitted to reappear in the
fields again.

It can be confusing. Have you checked out the examples that come with
struts? I'm sure one of those demonstrates this functionality.

HTH
Adam

On 09/25/2003 06:41 PM Joseph William wrote:
> This is with regards to my question about retaining the form field values when the error
messages shouw up thru the Action errors... Just now, I figured out it was coz of the <html:form/>
In this tag, I had added the name and type attribute too -- This is coz I wanna do the client
side javascripting too for which I need the form name...

> When I remove the name and type attribute(which is mandatory if we specify the name!)
from the form tag, I am able to retain the form element values in the error messages page!!!
Why is this so??? How to solve this???

> Can anybody out there explain???
>
> -Joseph
>
> Hi,
>
> Im trying to develop a small application using struts. Everything works
> fine except the Action Errors part -- When the error messages show up,
> the form element values from the previous screen are not being
> retrieved in the next screen -- Am I missing something??? Help appreciated...
>
> Thanks.
> -Joseph

struts 1.1 + tomcat 4.1.27 + java 1.4.2
Linux 2.4.20 RH9