struts-user mailing list archives

From Adam Hardy <ahardy.str...@cyberspaceroad.com>
Subject Re: [Poll] action mappings
Date Thu, 25 Sep 2003 14:43:58 GMT
I just find it naturally easier to grasp what is going on with one
Action and one form bean for each object in my model (and normally one
factory or 'business delegate') plus a host of mappings.

On 09/25/2003 03:59 PM Mainguy, Mike wrote:
> You don't have to create a different ActionClass for every Operation with
> the same display/FormBean...  I.E.  If you use the same formbean and display
> component, you don't want to also always create another ActionClass...
>
> Similar to dispatchaction except you use the pathmapping instead of the
> request parameters.
>
> I actually wrote a variant of dispatchAction that, instead of calling a
> specific execute method on my ActionClass, it maps the request to another
> Command style class that performs an operation with only the FormBean and a
> security context as the input, and a List or DynaBean as the output.  This
> let me completely decouple my data access layer from any web stuff and use
> request parameters to determine which business operation I was performing.

not the intended recipient, you should delete this message immediately.

struts 1.1 + tomcat 4.1.27 + java 1.4.2
Linux 2.4.20 RH9