struts-user mailing list archives

From Adam Hardy <ahardy.str...@cyberspaceroad.com>
Subject Re: Adding supported types to DynaForms
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2003 08:44:18 GMT
Hi Nick,
I'm successfully using dynaforms to nest javabeans. I just stipulated
the class of my bean in the struts-config form declaration and it worked.

I am not sure whether the key/value pair thing you talk of adheres to
the javabean spec. If it does you should have no problem. If not, you'll
have to work out how your tags in JSP should access the getter and
setter methods. Not saying it can't be done, just not sure off the top
of my head.

Getting the submit to work for a regular javabean, assuming you need
that too, requires subclassing DynaActionForm and overriding the reset()
method with your own that will instantiate and insert all the necessary
beans for that request - and calling the super.reset() too.

Adam

--
struts 1.1 + tomcat 4.1.27 + java 1.4.2
Linux 2.4.20 RH9