struts-user mailing list archives

From Adam Hardy <ahardy.str...@cyberspaceroad.com>
Subject Re: [Poll] action mappings
Date Tue, 23 Sep 2003 16:37:19 GMT

On 09/23/2003 05:05 PM Mainguy, Mike wrote:
> I have yet another opinion poll for struts-user...
>
> What are folks currently doing for action mappings in relation to CRUD
> operations?
> Are you:
>
> #1  creating a unique Action mapping for each atomic operation
>     (potentially mapped to the same action class)
> 	/createUser.do     ->>  UserAction.java
> 	/readUser.do       ->>  UserAction.java
> 	/updateUser.do     ->>  UserAction.java
> 	/deleteUser.do     ->>  UserAction.java
>

> #2  creating a unique Action mapping for each atmoic operation
>     with each action having a unique class
> 	/createUser.do     ->>  CreateUserAction.java
> 	/readUser.do       ->>  ReadUserAction.java
> 	/updateUser.do     ->>  UpdateUserAction.java
> 	/deleteUser.do     ->>  DeleteUserAction.java
>
> #3  creating an aggregate action class with a unique action mapping with
>     multiple operations and using form/request variable to accomplish CUD
> 	/editUser.do       ->> UserAction.java   (?OP=Update, ?OP=Create,
> ?OP=Delete)
> 	/displayUser.do    ->> UserAction.java
>

> #4  creating an aggregate action class with a unique action mapping with
>     multiple operations
> 	/editUser.do       ->> EditUserAction.java
> 	/displayUser.do    ->> DisplayUserAction.java
>

> Some other way (or a combination) ...
>

> This message and its contents (to include attachments) are the property of Kmart Corporation
(Kmart) and may contain confidential and proprietary information. You are hereby notified
that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action
based on information contained herein is strictly prohibited. Unauthorized use of information
contained herein may subject you to civil and criminal prosecution and penalties. If you are
not the intended recipient, you should delete this message immediately.

struts 1.1 + tomcat 4.1.27 + java 1.4.2
Linux 2.4.20 RH9