struts-user mailing list archives

From Ted Husted <hus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to populate the 2nd action's FormBean in Action Chaining??
Date Tue, 23 Sep 2003 01:33:11 GMT
Struts has no idea whether you are chaning Actions or not. (Which is one
reason why it's not recommended.) The request to second Action will be
handled like any other. The formbean will be instantiated and populated
from the request parameters. There are a number of things that can cause
the error, including typographical errors, but the  problem wouldn't be
related to whether it's the first, second, or fifty-third Action =:0)

-Ted.

guruprasad jakka wrote:

> Hi,
> I have used action chaining in my web-application.
> I have formbean associated with the 2nd action.
> When a call is made to this action,the form bean is not getting
> populated.
> hence,when I try to use the bean's property I get the error
> message -"Connot find bean in any scope".
>
> I would like to know whether I could populate the formbean
> ( associated with the 2nd Action class ) to be used in the 2nd
> action class.
>
> Thanks,
>
> J G Guru Prasad
> V sem, Information Technology,
> Bachelor of Engineering,
> National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal.
> ( formerly KREC )

Ted Husted,
   Junit in Action  - <http://www.manning.com/massol/>,
   Struts in Action - <http://husted.com/struts/book.html>,