struts-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Frank <s.fr...@vierundsechzig.de>
Subject Re: Invalid Class file Format
Date Tue, 16 Sep 2003 06:43:55 GMT
Hi Christian,

found the reason: tools.jar was a good hint and setting the jvm to
verbose showed, that bea forks a new process for the jsp-compile:
Unfortunately, there is an older jvm running on the same box, which
results in the JAVA_HOME being set to a jdk1.1: ergo, the 45 is correct.
Pointing the JAVA_HOME to the right jdk fixed this (and also
significantly speeds up the page-compile) .

Uhh, that Oracle-Story really sounds like great fun :) At least, we can
all be very grateful, that Oracle dumped its own App-Server, Orion was
aat least a good thing to start with (I wonder how much time it will
take Oracle to screw this one up, too) - BTW: how does 10g feel?!
Compared to eclipse and/or IntellliJ?! From the Product-Description, I'm
really thinking about giving it a try...  Maybe I'm a little prejudiced
about Oracle, but the only really good thing that ever came from Oracle
is the Database (and I'm very curious what they exactly mean with the
g=grid)

cheers&many thanks for the help
stefan