struts-user mailing list archives

From Jason Lea <ja...@kumachan.net.nz>
Subject Re: Handling of n number of text boxes at runtime
Date Tue, 16 Sep 2003 05:47:56 GMT
Madala, Srinivasa wrote:

> Hi folks,
>          I am having trouble with my JSP page.The jsp is designed in such a
> way that it can generate n number of text boxes at runtime.So I can't have
> either ActionForm or DynaActionForm which are predefined based on a list of
> properties enumerated in either the Form bean or the Struts configuration
> file and they utilize the properties at the initialization time.I got to
> collect input values from all these n text boxes when I submit the page.Does
> anyone have a clue how to handle this in Struts?Can anyone help me??
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Srinivas

You can use a map-backed ActionForm eg

public class MyForm extends ActionForm {
   protected Map map=new HashMap();

   public Object getValue(String key) {
     return map.get(key);
   }

   public void setValue(String key, Object value) {
     map.put(key, value);
   }
}

As for the JSP page you need to specify the property values like so:

So if you wanted 3 fields called name, description and quantity you
would use

or create some fields in a loop using JSTL and Struts-EL tags

<c:forEach var=”i” begin=”100” end=”110”>
</c:forEach>

--
Jason Lea