struts-user mailing list archives

From Warren Chen <warrenche...@yahoo.com>
Subject how to tell invalid session vs session timed out
Date Thu, 25 Sep 2003 23:06:22 GMT
Hi All,

Is there any tool in Struts that can tell if an
invalid session is caused by timeout or simply no
session were ever created?

(In my app, the loginAction creates a session and put
some stuff into the session, in each subsequent
request I'll check if session is valid, if not, send
user back to login page - in order to send more
meaningful message to user, I want to tell if invalid
session is caused by timeout out or simply the user
never logged in)

Thanks a lot!

Warren