struts-user mailing list archives

From Timbak Toooo <yyy_20...@yahoo.com>
Subject Strange File Uploading behaviour in recompiled 1.0.2
Date Mon, 22 Sep 2003 14:14:08 GMT
Hi All

We are working on internationalization of an application, which uses Struts 1.0.2, with jdk1.4.1
and Servlet 2.3 on JBoss/Jetty. In order to specify a encoding in URL, we modified the struts
code to use URLEncoder.encode( s, "UTF-8") and recompiled it to create a struts.jar file.

Everything worked fine, except that now we are experiencing a problem in file uploads.What
is happening is that the file gets uploaded correctly and everything seems to work fine on
the server, but the request never completes. What i mean is that the browser keeps on waiting
for something , and the "onLoad" method in the result jsp is never called. If i close the
browser, Jetty throws the following warning

[WARN,Jetty] WARNING: POST /exponline/projectrestore.do HTTP/1.1 HttpException(400,Bad Request,Missing
Content)

The strange thing, is that the same code works with the struts.jar (1.0.2), that we downloaded
from apache.

Even if i undo my changes for URLEncoder and recompile struts, i still see this problem. Whats
puzzling me is that, the fact that we are recompiling struts is breaking file uploads.

Can anybody point me in the right direction. Is is possible that the source code i downloaded
was not the stable 1.0.2 source

I used the following link

http://archive.apache.org/dist/jakarta/struts/old/release/v1.0.2/

Thanks in advance