struts-user mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <>
Subject Re: [OT] Subject line filter tag
Date Tue, 16 Sep 2003 16:46:04 GMT
On Tue, 16 Sep 2003, Adam L wrote:

> Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 08:13:16 -0500
> From: Adam L <>
> Subject: [OT] Subject line filter tag
> To the powers that be:
>     Is there a particular reason there's no list name header in the
> subject lines, ie [struts-users], for easy filtering from all the other
> spam and junk mail?

Because it would be redundant and unnecessary.

>  I realize "[struts-users]" is a rather lengthy
> segment in the subject line, so perhaps it could be abbreviated..
> [ASFSU]...[A-SU]... or, [MARK-FU]. (=

This is about the 100th time this suggestion has come up, and it's going
to get vetoed (by me, among others) again.  Filter on the "to" and/or "cc"
address (Mozilla and Netscape let you do this with a single filter
rule) and you get exactly what you want.

> cheers!

Craig McClanahan

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: