struts-user mailing list archives

From Pete Serafin <psera...@hcrnetwork.com>
Subject Accessing action error problem
Date Wed, 02 Jul 2003 17:32:30 GMT
Im am trying to determine a way to find out if an ActionError exists in my request.  I create
an error in my action class as follows:

errors.add( "startDate",new ActionError("error.form.requiredField.startDate") );
saveErrors( request, errors );

I can access the error using the <html:errors /> tag, but all I actuallt want to do
is check that the startDate error is not null. How can I try to grab this object from the
HttpServletRequest object?

The whole point is to execute some logic that hides some html if an error exists.  Any suggestions?

Pete Serafin
HealthCare Recruiters International