struts-user mailing list archives

From "David Erickson" <derick...@cmcflex.com>
Subject log4j configuration question
Date Thu, 25 Sep 2003 21:41:23 GMT
A couple quick questions:

1) Using tomcat is it possible to configure log4j to only be functional for
your particular webapp?  Because I put the log4j jar into my web-inf/lib
directory, built a log4j.properties and put it in /web-inf/classes and set
log4j's rootlogger to debug and got log messages from toooons of stuff that
I certainly hadn't setup to log.. just wondering.

2) I'd like to keep my log files potentially in my /web-inf/logs directory,
however how can I get a handle on the realpath to that directory from the
config file if I don't know where the deployed path would be?!  I'm assuming
I'd have to do that programmatically after the config file loads and that
could be a major PITA if there are lots of log files correct?  Some help and
guidance in this direction would be appreciated.

-David