struts-user mailing list archives

From "Bailey, Shane C." <SHANE.C.BAI...@saic.com>
Subject RE: struts 1.1 question
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2003 20:48:28 GMT

Yup. It really isn't so bad.

A lot of pages of what?  You need a lot of pages even without Struts if your
site has a lot of content.  You don't have any extra JSP pages because of it
but it makes you Struts config file a little longer than if you didn't have
to map all your JSPs.  But then that (config file size) is one reason you
can break down your struts config into multiple files per module.

Goes back to a point I made last week that config info might be better
served in say the LDAP compared to a flat file.  Unless the framework is
willing to do inefficient constant file reads to get the actions mappings
then it means all the Struts config info has to be loaded into memory.  If
you site has 10000 mappings could you imagine the memory usage?  But the
LDAP is made for fast reads, perfect for something which doesn't change
much, like config information.

Wouldn't that be nice for a large Enterprise site?

-----Original Message-----
From: e [mailto:lists@medusadigital.com]
Sent: Monday, August 11, 2003 4:37 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: struts 1.1 question

I am about to upgrade to struts 1.1 and I have a question.
I have a site with a decent amount of content stored in a content manager.
I want to use tiles, but I read that in struts 1.1, all jsps have to be
fronted by actions.
Does this mean that I have to write forwards in strutsconfig.xml for every
single jsp on the site?
This could add up to a lot of pages.

Am I interpreting this correctly?

Thanks.