struts-user mailing list archives

From "Slattery, Tim - BLS" <Slattery....@bls.gov>
Subject RE: Conversion to 1.1 troubles
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2003 18:07:08 GMT
> I'm trying to swich from version 1.0.2 to version 1.1 of Struts. I've
> downloaded the new version and replaced the *.tld files in my web-inf
> directory, and the *.jar files in web-inf\lib.
>
> When I try to run my system, I get a strange error. This system uses
> <bean:define...> tags, which worked fine in the older
> version. The very first page to appear has two of them. One of them -
which one
> I can't tell - gives this error message:

I seem to have figured it out. Apparently, I've got my container (WebLogic7,
running on my own desktop, for development) set to retain previously
compiled JSP pages - even when I shut the server down and start it up again!
If I make a trivial change in a page that's reporting this odd error - even
just insert a space someplace, then immediately delete it again - WebLogic
recompiles the page, and the error disappears.

Good grief!