struts-user mailing list archives

From "Adam Levine" <adam_l_lev...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Vertical Checkboxes..
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2003 14:40:05 GMT
Struts taglibs is not some magical device, and I think this is a point many
people don't quite realize.  Struts taglibs allows you to programmatically
generate HTML components from within your JSP, pulling in data from your
session object.  Look at the pages that are rended -- it's just HTML.   If
you can't do it within the confines of HTML/HTTP  (and perhaps javascript),
struts/taglibs isn't going to make it magically work.

From: "Alawadhi, Mona" <malawadhi@kpmg.com>
Subject: RE: Vertical Checkboxes..
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 09:36:08 -0500

Yes, it works with JavaScript - I use an onclick method.
I was just wondering if there is a way to do it in struts taglibs.

I actually was thinking of doing it a different way: have an onclick method
to submit the page as the user clicks on the link, at the same time put all
of the checked parameters in a hashmap and pass them over.

Any other ideas?