struts-user mailing list archives

From "Kamholz, Keith (corp-staff) USX" <>
Subject RE: NoSuchMethodException
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2003 19:00:09 GMT
Well, so much for the helpfulness of this list.

I politely asked a few completely reasonable questions in the past few days,
and they were questions that could easily be of interest to others as well.
They were also pretty simple issues that I'm sure other people have
encountered or would have some sort of input on.
Maybe people just ignore my posts or something, but I've been trying all
week to get couple simple answers, and I'm not seeing any interest from

Maybe it's just a waste of time posting here.  You'll probably say I'm just
being in patient, but this list has such a fast turnaround that if a post is
not addressed within a few hours, it most likely won't be addressed at all.

You'll have to forgive my frustration.  Long work days trying to figure
things out with no end in sight, and no help from coworkers or the list can
drive one mad.

- Keith

-----Original Message-----
From: Kamholz, Keith (corp-staff) USX []
Sent: Friday, August 01, 2003 12:40 PM
To: Struts (E-mail)
Subject: NoSuchMethodException

Hey everyone,
I'm working on a custom validator right now, and all the validation method
does is return false.  That means it fails that validation, right?
Anyway, when I submit the form, I get a NoSuchMethod error.  What would
cause this?  All of my regular validations work, just not this custom one.
Here are some code snippets.  Thanks in advance for any help!

public class CustomValidator implements Serializable
	public static boolean validateRange(Object bean, ValidatorAction va,

					Field field, ActionErrors errors,
HttpServletRequest request)
		return false;

   	  <!-- Custom Validators -->