struts-user mailing list archives

From "Mainguy, Mike" <MMain...@kmart.com>
Subject RE: Why would I want to use the ActionForm validate() method
Date Tue, 19 Aug 2003 18:20:59 GMT
The short answer is, you cannot always depend on javascript.  There is a
small percentage (Probably less than 1% I would expect) of users who either
disable javascript or don't have it in their browser (e.g. lynx).  In these
cases you will have no validation.  Also there are differences between how
each browser handles the DOM and javascript in general.

-----Original Message-----
From: Madhu Nair [mailto:madhu_nair@persistent.co.in]
Sent: Tuesday, August 19, 2003 2:33 AM
To: vellosa@btopenworld.com; struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: RE: Why would I want to use the ActionForm validate() method

Hi,

 Why would I want to use the Struts ActionForm validate() method when I can
 achieve the same functionality using Javascript? I assume that the user
would never disable javascript.

 Regards ,
 Madhu

This message and its contents (to include attachments) are the property of Kmart Corporation
(Kmart) and may contain confidential and proprietary information. You are hereby notified
that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action
based on information contained herein is strictly prohibited. Unauthorized use of information
contained herein may subject you to civil and criminal prosecution and penalties. If you are
not the intended recipient, you should delete this message immediately.