struts-user mailing list archives

From tim <...@insightoutsight.com.au>
Subject Re: JSP Exception, HELP!!!
Date Mon, 04 Aug 2003 17:29:11 GMT
Samanth Athrey wrote:

>Hello All,
>
>This is a real strange exception am getting. I have a main page which has 6 links. First
time I can select any of the link and the page is rendered. Once I come back the main page
and select any other link, I get the following message:

>===
>javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: No getter method for property accountNo of bean org.apache.struts.taglib.html.BEAN
>====
>
>"accountNo" attribute is declared and even the methods are present.
>
>When I close and open a new instance of Explorer, I dont get this message, but this repeats
for other pages!! Please could anybody help me?

>Thanx in advance.
>
>Regards,
>Samanth

Just take a look at what it says.

First,
javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: No getter method for property accountNo
of bean org.apache.struts.taglib.html.BEAN I would suggest that this is
accurate, you have to ask yourself exactly what bean is it looking for
getAccountNo() in?  It looks to me like it's looking in
org.apache.struts.taglib.html.BEAN which it is unlikely to have that
property.  So the error will likely be that the tag is not examining the
correct bean for the property your interested in.