struts-user mailing list archives

From "Brian McSweeney" <brian.mcswee...@aurium.net>
Subject RE: file upload problem - FileNotFoundException
Date Mon, 18 Aug 2003 09:36:53 GMT
Sounds like we're having similar problems.
I'm using JBoss. I got that problem when I didn't have the
commons-fileupload.jar in my ejb server's classpath. I know you said you
have that,
but make sure!

-----Original Message-----
From: Kuba [mailto:qoooba@poczta.onet.pl]
Sent: 18 August 2003 10:31
To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: file upload problem - FileNotFoundException

I have a weird problem using fileupload. Exception stack is (I'm using
IBM
WSAD):

[03-08-18 08:50:34:577 CEST] 613ea32e RequestProces I
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor  Processing a 'POST' for path
'/updateTicket'
[03-08-18 08:50:35:027 CEST] 613ea32e WebGroup      E SRVE0026E:
[Servlet
Error]-[org/apache/commons/fileupload/FileUploadException]:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/commons/fileupload/FileUploadException
 at
org.apache.struts.util.RequestUtils.applicationInstance(RequestUtils.jav
a:21
9)
 at
org.apache.struts.util.RequestUtils.getMultipartHandler(RequestUtils.jav
a:10
46)
 at org.apache.struts.util.RequestUtils.populate(RequestUtils.java:919)
 at
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processPopulate(RequestProcess
or.j
ava:779)
 at
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:
246)
 at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1292)

it is done after trying to post a form with enctype
"multipart/form-data"

Class org/apache/commons/fileupload/FileUploadException is present in
attached jar (commons-fileupload) and that makes my confusion even
bigger..

what is interesting, this error doesn't occur when I exclude EJB Server
from the project(so this error doesn't result from bad configured
webproject)...Until this time everything in my application seemed OK...
Has anybody ever had something similar and is able to help me? I'll be
very
grateful...