struts-user mailing list archives

From "Tin Pham" <ttph...@learn.senecac.on.ca>
Subject Re: Properties named "id" under WAS 4.0.1
Date Fri, 11 Jul 2003 03:35:06 GMT
I recommend using at least WAS 4.0.5 if you want to use struts.

I actually use WAS 4.0.4 but with the SSL fix. If you use SSL without that
patch large pages don't finish rendering.

I ran into quite a few problems.
"Josť Ventura" <ventura@cit.com.br> wrote in message
Hi,

Has anyone had any issues with properties named "id" under Websphere 4.0.1?

I have a JSP page wich outputs some data from a bean. That bean has
getId(), setId(), getTitle() and setTitle(), among others, all expecting
and returning Strings. I write these out using the following:

<bean:write name="theme" property="id"> -
<bean:write name="theme" property="title"/>

When the generated servlet reaches the "id" one, it dies complaining
that it didn't find a getter for property id (stack trace at bottom).
Everything works fine if I comment that tag.

I even tried replicating that field using another method:
public String getIde() { returns getId(); }
<bean:write name="theme" property="ide"/>

and it works!

And, as luck would have it, the same war works perfectly under Tomcat.

Is this a bug in the reflection mechanism of IBM's virtual machine? Or
are "id" properties discouraged? Anyone has any ideas?

TIA

[]'s
- ventura

[03.07.09 16:02:26:043 GMT-03:00] 397616da WebGroup      X Servlet Error: No
getter method for property id of bean theme: javax.servlet.jsp.JspException:
No getter method for property id of bean theme
        at org.apache.struts.util.RequestUtils.lookup(RequestUtils.java:517)
        at
org.apache.struts.taglib.bean.WriteTag.doStartTag(WriteTag.java:179)
        at
jsp.mai_00025taintheme.themes_jsp_1._jspService(themes_jsp_1.java:395)
        at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:139)
        at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspServlet.ja
va:286)
        at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:415)
        at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:544)
        at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.StrictServletInstance.doService(ServletManager
.java:827)
        at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.StrictLifecycleServlet._service(StrictLifecycl
eServlet.java:159)
        at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.IdleServletState.service(StrictLifecycleServle
t.java:286)
        at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.StrictLifecycleServlet.service(StrictLifecycle
Servlet.java:106)
        at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.ServletInstance.service(ServletManager.java:47
2)
        at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.ValidServletReferenceState.dispatch(ServletMan
ager.java:1012)
        at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.ServletInstanceReference.dispatch(ServletManag
er.java:913)
        at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.handleWebAppDispatch(W
ebAppRequestDispatcher.java:499)
        at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.dispatch(WebAppRequest
Dispatcher.java:278)
        at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.forward(WebAppRequestD
ispatcher.java:105)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.processActionForward(ActionServlet.ja
va:1759)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1596)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:492)
[...]
com.ibm.servlet.engine.srt.WebAppInvoker.doForward(WebAppInvoker.java:67)
        at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.srt.WebAppInvoker.handleInvocationHook(WebAppInvoker.
java:123)
        at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.invocation.CachedInvocation.handleInvocation(CachedIn
vocation.java:67)
        at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.invocation.CacheableInvocationContext.invoke(Cacheabl
eInvocationContext.java:106)
        at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.srp.ServletRequestProcessor.dispatchByURI(ServletRequ
estProcessor.java:125)
        at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.oselistener.OSEListenerDispatcher.service(OSEListener
.java:315)
        at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.http11.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.ja
va:60)
        at
com.ibm.ws.http.HttpConnection.readAndHandleRequest(HttpConnection.java:313)
        at com.ibm.ws.http.HttpConnection.run(HttpConnection.java:242)
        at com.ibm.ws.util.CachedThread.run(ThreadPool.java:122)