struts-user mailing list archives

From "Chip Paul" <c...@ethreat.com>
Subject RE: MySQL Problems
Date Wed, 02 Jul 2003 16:06:57 GMT
Struts w/ mysql will drop the connection after a while.  There's on option
in the data sources config that will make it auto-reconnect when the
connection drops.  I had to specify this flag in my app or the connection
would drop after a couple hours and never come back.

<data-source
	autoCommit="false"
	description="MySQL Configuration"
	driverClass="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"
	maxCount="4"
	minCount="2"
	password="xxxxxxx"
	url="jdbc:mysql://localhost/mydb?autoReconnect=true"
	user="xxxxxxx"
/>

Hope that helps

-Chip

-----Original Message-----
From: Met @ Uber [mailto:met@uberstats.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 01, 2003 7:05 PM
To: Struts Users
Subject: MySQL Problems

Within my action I have a service which connects to a database and
returns a Collection of objects.  The test code runs perfectly, and
continuously.  But when it's run through the servlet it stops working
after a few minutes.  The connection to the database just stops.  But I
can still use the mysql client to connect so the database doesn't
freeze.

~ Matthew
--
Met @ Uber <met@uberstats.com>