struts-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Raeburn" <sraeb...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Multiple modules - Please help
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2003 14:49:58 GMT
It wouldn't be (easily) possible to change ForwardAction to be configurable
between context and module relative because the ActionMapping only has one
parameter which is already being used to provide the path.

A couple of options would be to create a second version of ForwardAction
(ModuleForwardAction ?) that returns a module relative ActionForward, or to
create a simple action that returns an ActionForward which is configured in
struts-config with a well-known name ("success", in my example).

I prefer the latter approach because it is more flexible and uses the
standard method of configuring the ActionForward via struts-config. You'd
have to create your own for now, but I hope to add this as a standard
action.

The action (SuccessAction):
  public ActionForward execute(
    ActionMapping mapping,
    ActionForm form,
    HttpServletRequest request,
    HttpServletResponse response)
      throws Exception {

      return mapping.findForward("success");

  }

struts-config.xml:
  <!-- Module relative mapping -->
  <action path="/showEdit"
          type="com.ninsky.struts.actions.SuccessAction">
    <forward name="success" path="/edit.jsp"/>
  </action>

-or-

  <!-- Context relative mapping -->
  <action path="/showEdit"
          type="com.ninsky.struts.actions.SuccessAction">
    <forward name="success" path="/admin/edit.jsp" contextRelative="true"/>
  </action>

Steve