struts-user mailing list archives

From Jens v.P. <develo...@jevopi.de>
Subject Re: Validation on first page impression
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2003 16:37:40 GMT
Hello,

I wondered why the validator framework has no functionality for
handling the first page impression. I'm not sure - but I suspect that
also other newbies would have this problem.

In other threads about this topic I found the solution of two actions -
and I tend to say that this is the only correct way of solving this
problem: If an action is like a state transition, and the JSP (or
whatever) page is the state, then the state transition diagram has to
look like this:

  first impression                            validate()
  success
                                           ^

                                                failure

Is this how it is working? Is an action a set of state transitions,
including branches?

Jens