struts-user mailing list archives

From "Jian Dai" <jack2...@comcast.net>
Subject RE: Install Struts in Tomcat
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2003 20:12:11 GMT
Thanks a lot for the nice help.

I had this problem with Tomcat 3.5. Now, I have installed Tomcat 4.1
instead and I did not have this problem any more.

So, my best guess is that tomcat 4.1 included something mentioned by
you here so that this problem has been overcome.

Many thanks again.

Jack

-----Original Message-----
From: Augusto.Guagliano@infosoftware.com.br
[mailto:Augusto.Guagliano@infosoftware.com.br]
Sent: Wednesday, July 16, 2003 11:39 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: Install Struts in Tomcat

I just killed this error :-)

(Hope I am not saying anything stupid)

First, I included xerces.jar in my /WEB-INF/lib, so the struts-config can
be parsed.
Then I declared the message-resources entity in my struts-config.xml (I am
using struts 1.1). Check the DTD.
I have (right after action-mappings):
   <message-resources parameter="ApplicationResources"       null="false"
/>
   <message-resources parameter="ApplicationResources_pt_BR" null="false"
/>

Check also your DTD declaration in struts-config.xml so you don't declare
the 1.0 DTD while using the 1.1 classes.

Additionally, your resources.properties must be passed as a parameter to
the ActionServlet init params, what can be accomplished inside web.xml.
The right place is:

(...)
  <servlet>
    <servlet-name>action</servlet-name>
    <init-param>
      <param-name>application</param-name>
      <param-value>ApplicationResources</param-value>
    </init-param>
(...)

Hope this helps!

===================================
 Augusto Cesar Guagliano
 augusto@infosoftware.com.br
 Project Manager
 +55 19 3253.3440
 Infosoftware Consulting
 http://www.infosoftware.com.br
===================================

Esta mensagem pode conter informação confidencial e/ou privilegiada. Se
você não for o destinatário ou a pessoa autorizada a receber esta
mensagem, não pode usar, copiar ou divulgar as informações nela contidas
ou tomar qualquer ação baseada nessas informações. Se você recebeu esta
mensagem por engano, por favor avise imediatamente o remetente,
respondendo o e-mail e em seguida apague-o. Agradecemos sua cooperação.

This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If
you are not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the addressee,
you must not use, copy, disclose or take any action based on this message
or any information herein. If you have received this message in error,
please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this
message. Thank you for your cooperation.

"Jian Dai" <jack2110@comcast.net>
16/07/2003 15:32

        cc:
        Subject:        Install Struts in Tomcat

Hi, all:

I am trying to deploy Struts in Tomcat. But when
I tried to run the index.jsp from struts-example,
I always got the errors that:

"javax.servlet.ServletException: Cannot find message resources under key
org.apache.struts.action.MESSAGE
                 at
l.java:459)
                 at
_0002findex_0002ejspindex_jsp_10._jspService(_0002findex_0002ejspindex_jsp_1
0.java:444)
                 at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:119)
"

I was told that I need to include resource.properties file. But this
file is included in struts-example's package.

I will appreciate if anybody can help me to fix this problem. Many
thanks in advnace.

Jack