struts-user mailing list archives

From Jens v.P. <develo...@jevopi.de>
Subject Re: Has anybody extended the validator framework?
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2003 17:12:11 GMT
Hi,

thanks Derek, thanks Chuck.

Am Mittwoch, 23.07.03 um 17:24 Uhr schrieb Derek Chen-Becker:

[..]
>  I hadn't thought of client-side validation, but that's kind of tricky
[..]
> Or am I misunderstanding what you mean by "client-side"?

No, that's what I meant. But: the validator framework already solves
this tricky problem :). It seems that the only problem I have is that
the validator framework requires static xml files for configuration -
and I need dynamically configured validation. Just as Chuck Canning
wrote:

"To summarize, I suggest that you dynamically build what normally
would be defined in validation.xml in struts1.1."

I need a way to replace  validation.xml by dynamic Java calls. I guess
that this is not too tricky and I was only wondering if somebody has
already done this.

Jens