struts-user mailing list archives

From "Hohlen, John C" <John.C.Hoh...@erac.com>
Subject Struts 1.1 Bug? "PlugIn" Objects Not Serializable
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2003 15:22:39 GMT
> I'm encountering a "serialization" error due to Plug-In objects, in my case, the "org.apache.struts.validator.ValidatorPlugIn"
not being serializable.  An array of plug-ins are stored in "application" scope in the "ActionServlet.initModulePlugIns()"
method.  However, the "PlugIn" interface does not implement "serializable" nor do any of the
implementing subclasses (ModuleConfigVerifier, TilesPlugin, ValidatorPlugIn).  Anybody have
any ideas for a possible workaround?