struts-user mailing list archives

From "Jerry Jalenak" <Jerry.Jale...@LABONE.com>
Subject RE: mapping.getInputForward returning null
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2003 19:16:57 GMT
Uhhhhh, no.  Damn, it's always the littlest things...   Thanks!

Jerry Jalenak
Team Lead, Web Publishing
LabOne, Inc.
10101 Renner Blvd.
Lenexa, KS  66219
(913) 577-1496

jerry.jalenak@labone.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Muller [mailto:mmuller@theworld.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 15, 2003 1:48 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: mapping.getInputForward returning null

do you override the constructor and now call super()?

Jerry Jalenak wrote:

> For some reason when I am calling mapping.getInputForward() I'm getting a
> null value.....
>
> <struts-config snip>
> 		<action
>
> className="com.labone.membersolutions.struts.BaseActionMapping"
> 			input="membersolutions.changepassword"
> 			name="ChangePasswordBean"
> 			path="/ChangePassword"
> 			scope="request"

type="com.labone.membersolutions.framework.web.action.ChangePasswordAction"
> 			unknown="false"
> 			validate="true">
> 				<set-property
> 					property="secureAction"
> 					value="false"/>
> 				<set-property
> 					property="removeFormBean"
> 					value="true"/>
> 		</action>
> </struts-config snip>
>
> My BaseActionMapping extends ActionMapping so I can include a couple of
> extra <set-property/> statements (see above).  Everything seems to work OK
-
> my action is being called, the form bean is being instantiated, etc.  The
> first thing I do in my action is to set my default forward -
>
> <snip>
> 	public ActionForward executeAction(BaseActionMapping mapping,
> ActionForm form, HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse response,
> ActionErrors errors)
> 	{
> 		System.out.println(">>> mapping.getInputForward is " +
> mapping.getInputForward());
> 		ActionForward forward = (ActionForward)
> mapping.getInputForward();
>
> </snip>
>
> The value I'm getting in forward is NULL.  Is there something I missed
when
> I extended ActionMapping?
>
> TIA!
>
> Jerry Jalenak
> Team Lead, Web Publishing
> LabOne, Inc.
> 10101 Renner Blvd.
> Lenexa, KS  66219
> (913) 577-1496
>
> jerry.jalenak@labone.com
>

> This transmission (and any information attached to it) may be confidential
and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it
is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient or the person
responsible for delivering the transmission to the intended recipient, be
advised that you have received this transmission in error and that any use,
dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this information is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please
immediately notify LabOne at the following email address:
securityincidentreporting@labone.com