struts-user mailing list archives

From "Jerry Jalenak" <Jerry.Jale...@LABONE.com>
Subject mapping.getInputForward returning null
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2003 18:23:34 GMT
For some reason when I am calling mapping.getInputForward() I'm getting a
null value.....

<struts-config snip>
		<action

className="com.labone.membersolutions.struts.BaseActionMapping"
			input="membersolutions.changepassword"
			name="ChangePasswordBean"
			path="/ChangePassword"
			scope="request"

type="com.labone.membersolutions.framework.web.action.ChangePasswordAction"
			unknown="false"
			validate="true">
				<set-property
					property="secureAction"
					value="false"/>
				<set-property
					property="removeFormBean"
					value="true"/>
		</action>
</struts-config snip>

My BaseActionMapping extends ActionMapping so I can include a couple of
extra <set-property/> statements (see above).  Everything seems to work OK -
my action is being called, the form bean is being instantiated, etc.  The
first thing I do in my action is to set my default forward -

<snip>
	public ActionForward executeAction(BaseActionMapping mapping,
ActionForm form, HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse response,
ActionErrors errors)
	{
		System.out.println(">>> mapping.getInputForward is " +
mapping.getInputForward());
		ActionForward forward = (ActionForward)
mapping.getInputForward();

</snip>

The value I'm getting in forward is NULL.  Is there something I missed when
I extended ActionMapping?

TIA!

Jerry Jalenak
Team Lead, Web Publishing
LabOne, Inc.
10101 Renner Blvd.
Lenexa, KS  66219
(913) 577-1496

jerry.jalenak@labone.com

This transmission (and any information attached to it) may be confidential and is intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the
intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the transmission to the intended
recipient, be advised that you have received this transmission in error and that any use,
dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this information is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify LabOne at the following
email address: securityincidentreporting@labone.com