struts-user mailing list archives

From Veena B N <Veen...@PLANETASIA.COM>
Subject Javascript validation for struts form field elements
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2003 11:13:14 GMT
Hi

I am using struts form for jsp pages. I have a actionForm which initialises
a value object(which has getter and setter methods).
So my form field elements are specified as below in my jsp page--

type="com.xyz.abc.forms.oma.InquiryForm" onsubmit="return
validateInqform(inqform)" >
tabindex="2">

Now if I want to do javascript(client end) validation, the form field
elements are not recognised since property is converted to name while
delivering the html page and the form field element name cannot contain
'.'(a dot) within the name for js validation.

Now how else can I access the property of the element without a dot for
client side validation. Can anyone please help

Thanks
Veena