struts-user mailing list archives

From Chirag Mehta <Chirag.Me...@morganstanley.com>
Subject Database Connection
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2003 11:30:35 GMT
Hello,

I have just started developing with Struts and was wondering if anyone could help me connect
to a Sybase Database using my webapp?

I have set up my JSP page, actionform and action. I have set the datasource properies in my
config.xml and am calling them from my action. It is giving me a class not found exception
like below.

java.sql.SQLException: open: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybDriver
 at org.apache.struts.legacy.GenericDataSource.open(GenericDataSource.java:735)
 at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.initModuleDataSources(Unknown Source)
 at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.init(Unknown Source)
 at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:256)
 at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:935)

Anyone got any ideas what i maybe ding wrong.

One other question. Does anyone know of any drivers that connect to a informix DB and how
to use them?

Sorry if this is a very basic question. I am only a first yr undergraduate!

Chirag