struts-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Tim Shadel <...@zserve.com>
Subject Re: [OT]http to https shift
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2003 19:06:15 GMT
In addition, if you want some pages of a single application (either the 
Tomcat one or the WebSphere one) to be specifically HTTP or HTTPS, you 
may want to check out SSLExt (http://sslext.sf.net).  When you make your 
decision, just make sure you know the ramifications of switching from 
HTTPS to HTTP described here:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=tomcat-user&m=105181259530393&w=2

and in similar threads on the Tomcat-User list, as well as the 
Struts-User list.

HTH,

Tim

Amit Kirdatt wrote:
> Well in that case if you have your site running on https then the form will
> automatically be submitted via https. 
> Make sure that your login page is being submitted via https
> (https://www.<yourserver>.com/login.jsp
> 
> --Amit
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Ashish Kulkarni [mailto:kulkarni_ash1312@yahoo.com]
> Sent: Wednesday, July 30, 2003 9:49 AM
> To: Struts Users Mailing List
> Subject: RE: [OT]http to https shift
> 
> 
> Hi,
> i have website which works on tomcat or  websphere, it
> is dependent on the client to select anyone, so if the
> client is using tomcat the form will be on tomcat and
> will be submited on tomcat, and same will be for
> websphere
> 
> Ashish
> --- Amit Kirdatt <Amit.Kirdatt@Ingenix.com> wrote:
> 
>>So your form resides on Websphere and you want to
>>post it to the tomcat
>>server? Or is it vice-versa? 
>>Can you please explain what exactly you are trying
>>to do?  
>>
>>-----Original Message-----
>>From: Ashish Kulkarni
>>[mailto:kulkarni_ash1312@yahoo.com]
>>Sent: Wednesday, July 30, 2003 9:10 AM
>>To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
>>Subject: [OT]http to https shift
>>
>>
>>Hi,
>>
>>i have a website running on tomcat and also on
>>websphere, i want to change some submit to go using
>>https, like the login page and some sensitive
>>information,
>>can anyone point to some resource, where i can get
>>info about submiting a secured response, on tomcat
>>and
>>websphere
>>
>>Ashish
>>
>>__________________________________
>>Do you Yahoo!?
>>Yahoo! SiteBuilder - Free, easy-to-use web site
>>design software
>>http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
>>
>>
> 
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
>>To unsubscribe, e-mail:
>>struts-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
>>For additional commands, e-mail:
>>struts-user-help@jakarta.apache.org
>>
>>
>>This e-mail, including attachments, may include
>>confidential and/or
>>proprietary information, and may be used only by the
>>person or entity to
>>which it is addressed. If the reader of this e-mail
>>is not the intended
>>recipient or his or her authorized agent, the reader
>>is hereby notified that
>>any dissemination, distribution or copying of this
>>e-mail is prohibited. If
>>you have received this e-mail in error, please
>>notify the sender by replying
>>to this message and delete this e-mail immediately.
>>
>>
> 
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
>>To unsubscribe, e-mail:
>>struts-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
>>For additional commands, e-mail:
>>struts-user-help@jakarta.apache.org
>>
> 
> 
> 
> __________________________________
> Do you Yahoo!?
> Yahoo! SiteBuilder - Free, easy-to-use web site design software
> http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
> 
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: struts-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: struts-user-help@jakarta.apache.org
> 
> 
> This e-mail, including attachments, may include confidential and/or
> proprietary information, and may be used only by the person or entity to
> which it is addressed. If the reader of this e-mail is not the intended
> recipient or his or her authorized agent, the reader is hereby notified that
> any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is prohibited. If
> you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by replying
> to this message and delete this e-mail immediately.



---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: struts-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: struts-user-help@jakarta.apache.org


Mime
View raw message