struts-user mailing list archives

From Tim Shadel <...@zserve.com>
Subject RE: [OT] Source Code Print Utility For Code Reviews?
Date Mon, 28 Jul 2003 15:54:51 GMT
You may want to check out Java2HTML (www.java2html.com).  There's an Ant
task that you can integrate into your build process.  It will generate
HTML that highlights your source code, adds hyperlinks to allow you to
navigate it, and put line numbers on it.

You may not even need to print it if you publish the HTML to a central
location.  But you should just be able to print .html files directly
from Windows explorer (I assume).  It's a fairly simple solution, but
may meet your needs without much tweaking.

HTH,

Tim

Larry.Zappeterrini@SanchezProjects.com wrote:

I just came up with a solution that utilizes enscript and Ghostscript. I
initially tried to use the Windows ports of both of those programs, but I
could not get them to work the way I wanted them to. So I installed the
cygwin versions of both and all works well. Basically, I go from the .java
file to a PDF formatted just as you describe below. I wrote a short shell
script that invokes enscript to format the file into a PostScript document
and then run those results trough Ghostscript to distill it into a PDF. It
seems that Windows Explorer allows you to right-click on a selection of PDF
files and print them in one fell swoop (through Acrobat maybe?). So far in
the one day that I have been doing it this way, this has worked well for me.
I have also found gvim to be quite useful in this endeavor. I can open all
of the Java files that I want to print in one gvim session and utilize
command mode to process all of them with the conversion script. This may be
a bit of a roundabout way of accomplishing this task, but it is almost fully
automated for me. Let me know if you would like more specific details about
this process.

Larry